Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sweat Shop in Bastrop

5 o'clock in Bastrop, TX. Air Conditioner isn't working. Serviceman came by to check on the weird noise my brand new dishwasher is making. You guessed it - never made a strange sound one. So they told me to call when it was actually making the noise and they would come right over. Oh my gosh - I am going to be so much trouble without dad. he did everything. I feel sorry for all of the widows and single women I have known in the past who had to call their home teachers about everything. I mean everything little thing - amazing how much dad did for me and my house. My lawn is now two feet tall . . . thought i could just go natural but that's not gonna work. Guess I'll be calling the Relief Society President to see if there is a young boy that needs work. Then I'll be purchasing a lawn mower. Gee. Never mind. Someone bought the neat couch I found. Darn it. Going to Sarah's. Too hot here. It stayed cool for awhile. So, I'm going outside to turn off the ac unit and pour water on it to cool it off. The life of a single woman. Maybe it will start cooling again. Ben just called and is on his way to the lake again - sounded tired. He flys in friday night. then we will all go to corpus sat. a.m. not looking forward to it. need to get a hotel. Bye. . . so hot (was this a depressing post? sorry)

8 comments:

Becky said...

Very depressing. :P sorry it is so stinking hot! man..you and your luck with dishwashers! i think you are just getting old and think everything is broken or not working right. hee.hee. Going to the gym with Laura tonight...she goes to a kickbox gym. i am sure i will be dead when i get home. you can even get in a ring and spare at the end of the class. i am excited! waiting for her to get off work so we can figure out a time to go! i'll let you know how it goes! Ask chandler to show you his ninja meditation pose.

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Bummer. I have to admit being without air is a very BAD thing. Make the guy fix it for sure next time! But then at least you have an easy escape over at the Carter's! We're watching Kate and Leopold tonight. Should be good.

Ginger John said...

Cheer up girl! Seriously. Offer to live at my house is always open...then you can just sigh and think ah man I wish Ginger would take care of that noise the dishwasher was making. Oh well....

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

okay mom, you know once you open a blog i will check it a couple of times per day, so YOU HAVE TO UPDATE IT! love ya katy

A Diary of A Mother to An Unruly Kid said...

I am sorry to hear about your air conditioner. If it makes you feel better mine was broken as well or so I thought. Apparently I just needed to clean the filter. I missed out on that tid-bit of information when I moved in! Hope you have a cooler night... literally!

PS- you would have been proud of Becky in the kick boxing class. She whooped everybodies butts!

Texas Country Girl said...

so, Laura, you learn something new everyday. hope you told daniel about a.c. filters. . . he should have known about that. he's a guy for goodness sakes. the a.c. serviceman replaced the fan motor and now my house is cool again. cool is good. kickboxing is hard . . . i tried it once for about 1 minute. way too hard for me. but then becky is a trooper - a true exercise nut. have a good day.

Texas Country Girl said...

i can't figure out how to make a new entry. or to put pictures on. sarah showed me but it didn't stick. have returned from corpus. papa is truly getting old . . . but 90 is just plain old. he can't hear too well, can't see too well, his back hurts, and he has no teeth. makes life pretty rough. but we had a pretty good visit. sharon and i sang to him and that was fun. we were sad that he won't eat sharon's cooking anymore. . . he really use to enjoy eating. he had a good father's day and birthday celebration. there were about twenty people there - he mostly enjoys the little ones - especially the babies. baby rayne is that spelled right?) and baby allie (cassie's baby girl) were there and papa held them both. we had a beautiful (tho' not very tasty) chocolate cake with candles. all of aunt sharon's fam was there - except uncle george who stayed home with a stomach bug. me and sarah represented our family . . . and daisy and chandler of course. and did a good job of it if i say so myself - tho' ben was there on saturday for a couple of hours . papa remembers him coming - he has a hard time telling if he is seeing daniel or ben - shame on ya'll for not visiting more often . . . guess that was the fault of your parents who moved you to az. so i'm home again for a little while - looking forward to seeing mylie. oh, and becky and maybe casey too. then on to az for see the rest of the bunch. hoping katy and boys will show up soon. maybe she will drive to az and i will ride with her . . . what do ya think kate????

A Diary of A Mother to An Unruly Kid said...

Hahaha apparently Daniel learned how to change the air filter so that should be helpful next time. Although, I am hoping there is not a next time. Glad to hear you got your AC fixed! The days seem longer without it, especially in 110 degree weather! Glad to hear fathers day went well. I'll try to encourage Daniel to visit more often! I know he misses you :) Have a good night!.. (or day?)