So, I am the Asst. Librarian and half the time the librarian isn't there. So I have to find a member of the bishopric to unlock the door. So, right before Sacrament, right after Sacrament before Sunday School, and right after Relief Society. That's pretty annoying for them. Today I asked for a key. And . . . when I finally got into the library there were all these very bothersome notes on 8 by 11 copy paper taped to the counter in regard to items checked out, etc. The rules you know according to the head librarian. . . and a special note to me reminding me that I have Pres. Hinckley's autobiography still out - like I could read that giant book in one week. And I still have one of the vhs from last gen. conference. Excuse me. . . like anyone else wants them. So am I being too grumpy? When she isn't there - everyone just comes into the library and pretty much helps themselves. Not when she is there - they wouldn't dare! Funny huh! But I like being in the library. It's fun - but more fun when my partner is there. She is very entertaining. Reminds me of Beverly Wennermark. Definitely a red personality.
Had a scary lesson today on divorce - guess there must be a big problem about that. In a nutshell - we are counseled to work hard on our marriages. Yes, it is hard. And it continues to be hard but it will be worth it. The world's view is give up if it gets hard. One thought shared was if you want to avoid divorce . . . marry the right person in the first place. I thought that was the best idea yet! But how in the heck can you know? That's the big question. Let me know if I am wrong, but the majority of people getting married definitely have on those rose colored glasses. . . but then if we didn't would we ever take that final step? Just something to ponder. Dad and I thought we knew each other - had been going out 5 years before we got married. Oh there was much to learn. What an awesome experience it is to grow with someone in a marriage. And literally grow when we add children to the mix.
Another of my favorite thoughts was this: As we, as individuals grow closer to our Father in Heaven, we grow closer to our spouses. Imagine a triangle with each marriage partner at the bottom corners and Heavenly Father at the apex. You can see as each of us travels towards Heavenly Father the distance between spouses lessens. Cool huh!!! Have a good week all of you. I'm looking forward to having Becky and Mylie this week for a few days. And soon to have Laura and Daniel - tho' not sure how much of them I will see! The young ones are so so busy. I think I saw Ben for a total of 4 hours - which basically was the trip to Corpus. Oh well. I'll be in Arizona the middle of July. See everyone then.
2 comments:
Just my opinion, but I think it might be easier when you marry younger. You grow up together in the marriage. When you get married older, you have formed more rigid ideas, and thoughts, and ways of living. Me and Pres went from our parents houses, to building our own together. Not that I am saying we never had problems, but you are more "moldable" like clay. Okay laugh all you want, but it makes sense in my head! Ya jerks! I can hear you laughing right now! Bottom line in my book is when you nourish and strengthen that...butterflies in your stomach feeling for your spouse...it will grow, and it covers up a lot of the annoying little things they do. Enough of the mushy stuff. My husband is the hottest man alive....I am outta here!
Daniel and I intend to spend a ton of time with you! Hoping to convince you to come with us to 6flags! :o) I don't like rollercoasters that much either so we can scream like babies together!
Post a Comment