
Oh my gosh. I found so many neat things yesterday. My sister and I dragged each other around all day long. Checking out a few thrift stores, used furniture shops and antique malls. I found some really fun things. Loaded them all into my 4-runner and was good to go. I literally had to drag Aunt Sharon around the last part of the day. We are getting so old - we were laughing about how we use to make our Mom go shopping with us in Corpus. She never complained - sweet lady that she was. Now I drag my sister around . . . not too fast tho' because my age is showing also. When i arrived home to Bastrop . . . my home was like a furnace. My air conditioning had decided to take a break. Serviceman coming tomorrow. Until then, I am camping out at Sarah's house. Oh, I just realized that I could go back to the "little house" in the woods. . . nope, too hard, too far, and I have the dogs in my town house. Aren't I special - I have a country home and a town home. Just like in the old days. Maybe I'll take pictures of my fun purchases and put them on here. but then I have to learn to do it first. I'm settling into my McAllister Road - house. I love it. I love the area - I'm still in the beautiful pine trees. I can actually smell the pine needles when I drive up to my carport. Did I mention that I have a giant metal star on the rock wall of my house? And two smaller ones on the carport. So neat. OK. I don't understand when to stop here. Because I could go on forever. Maybe I'll wait and see if anyone posts something for me to read.
8 comments:
Hi Mom! Welcome to the blogging world...you'll enjoy it, I'm sure. Have fun! I love all the gorgeous finds you brought home yesterday. Especially the hall tree.
Hi Mom! welcome...welcome. I hope you stay on top of this! It is such a fun way to communicate...daniel and laura even look at my blog! Sounds like a fun day yesterday shopping! cant wait to see your house! See you in TWO weeks! XoXOxO from Mylie!
Yeah! I am so excited. Learn how to post your pics quick becuase I am want to see. Hey maybe since you are blogging you will get to spend a little less of your time on the phone :) Love you.
Okay I see how slow I am! I have five boys for the week, and three dogs....cut me some damn slack! Enrichment tonight, share your fav recipe made for under $5 . I took lentils, fried tortilla strips, cilantro, shredded cheese, and sour cream. I was voted the fav! Thanks mom! Sure miss all of yall. So glad you joined the blog world mom!
i am known for my lentils huh. we made them at sarah's house the other day. They didn't have as much flavor as usual. Sometime the actual beans are different - sometimes you get a thick broth and somtimes it remains thin. Just like with pinto beans. So, I'm glad yours turned out good Katy. They are sure good for you - especially if you serve them on brown rice. Then you have what you call a complete protein. Cool. By the way my a.c. is working, but just limping along. the service guy has to order a new motor. Hopefully it won't take too too long. He told me to turn it off at the outside wall - and run water over the top of the unit to cool it off until he can replace the fan motor. ugh. I found an awesome couch for sale in Fred. I'm excited to go see it. Also found a vintage metal loveseat for outside in Lockhart, and also an antique desk chair in New Braunfels. I'll be traveling for the next couple of days. Then Ben is supposed to be here - haven't heard from him. ??
How fun! Save some of those fun shopping trips for when we come down! Casey will love that. hee.hee.
Aunt Sharon is soooooo jealous....she is planning a blog with pictures of her when she was 20! WoWo!
Mimi, AKA Aunt Sharon and Mom to me is taking good care of Reyn today who is a little under the weather. She is cooking Chris and I meatballs and squash for dinner, our only meal fdor the week.
J/K just the best one, yum.
We are waiting for the A/C guy to show up who is almost 30 minutes late now adn I am getting hotter by the minute.
This weekend we are getting together to celebrate Papa's Bday and Father's Day and plan to go to the Circus, just kidding. Maybe just in the house and actually turn the A/C way down! I don't know how we will all fit in there but we'll make it work. We are thinking Sunday at around noon by the way for the cake and ice cream! Just if anyone is wondering when we might all be at Papa's at the same time.
Where is everyone staying? Chris & I are staying at some place called The Spanish Village in Port Aransas. It maybe totally ghetto but we'll see. Trey and his kids are staying at Port Royal.
I'm trying to get a room at Embassy Suites as i am a "woman of means" as George would say. just a joke of course. I think Tim might be able to get a discount tho' i haven't heard from him. Ben, Sarah, Daisy and Chandler and I are driving down on Sat. morning. Ben will drive to Houston on Sunday morning I think to see all of his missionary people. So he will miss the gathering but then its all about Papa and he will spend the day with him on Sat. Maybe we could all go out to eat on Sat. night? Water Street? Can any of us afford it? how about Olive Garden? Sorry, about all you people who don't get to join us for this celebration - Papa's Father's Day/ 90th Birthday Celebration. You guys get down here soon though. We'll go to Corpus again - Papa loves visitors. I have had exercise tv on now for an hour - first strength training and now yoga. I napped through the first one, and am blogging through the yoga. but it is relaxing to listen to it.
Post a Comment