I had warm roasted chestnuts once . . . they were not crunchy like a nut. oh well, it's the song I like anyway. No, I did not roast chestnuts over my fire - I just wanted to brag about the big fire I built all by myself. And I didn't stack the wood like Dad - I just put it in there helter skelter - and it worked! I cheated with one of those little starter things - and I tore up a cardboard box (learned that one from dad) and rolled up mini-rolls and tied with twine to help start it too. Yes, pat me on the back. I'm going for my book "Outlander" (I'll finish it someday . . . ) - and I'm gonna curl up on the couch and enjoy this fire. It's cold out there - 45 degrees!! Love it. where's the hot cocoa??
Monday, December 15, 2008
"Chestnuts Roasting o'er an Open Fire. . . "
I had warm roasted chestnuts once . . . they were not crunchy like a nut. oh well, it's the song I like anyway. No, I did not roast chestnuts over my fire - I just wanted to brag about the big fire I built all by myself. And I didn't stack the wood like Dad - I just put it in there helter skelter - and it worked! I cheated with one of those little starter things - and I tore up a cardboard box (learned that one from dad) and rolled up mini-rolls and tied with twine to help start it too. Yes, pat me on the back. I'm going for my book "Outlander" (I'll finish it someday . . . ) - and I'm gonna curl up on the couch and enjoy this fire. It's cold out there - 45 degrees!! Love it. where's the hot cocoa??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish we had a fire place. It makes it feel like a true Christmas, when you can have that fire burning all the trash from opening up presents.
Come to my house Momma I will make you hot cocoa anytime :) But I don't have a cool fireplace like you!
I love fireplaces!! don't forget about my yule log station if you ever find yourself without one ;o) still isn't as beautiful looking/smelling as the real thing though!!
Good fire! I'm definitely going to have a fireplace someday...
Post a Comment