Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Happiness, Your Heritage . . . "

This excerpt from Pres. Uchtdorf's talk (which is on Katy's blog in its entirety) brought tears to my eyes. I so know this is true. If I could be an answer to someone's prayers all the time it would be so great. I always feel good when I can do something for someone in need. My problem is knowing where the need is . . . that's a talent in itself.

In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair; let us feel the silent prayers of others around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers. (Pres. Uchtdorf)

1 comment:

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

This is my favorite thing, combine it with helping someone in need & missionary work and you have my absolute FAVORITE THINGS!!!! :)