Just returned from St.George. Before that Washington State. Before that Corpus Christi Texas. Now on to Kansas and then back Corpus. I think maybe I should rent my house out . . . hire permanent companions for the Labs abandoned in my backyard. It's good to be home. Though no one was here to meet me. I take that back . . . the dogs were definitely excited to see me and my Visiting Teacher and kids came over shortly after I arrived home from the airport. So, here are some pictures I thought were pretty good. Some from my trip to Washington and some from St. George. I think one of my favorite things about Washington was of course the weather. We went to Pike Marketplace, an outdoor market with all kinds of stuff - we watched the fishmongers throwing fish back and forth - they put on quite a show. There were two banjo players that were so good. The fresh flowers were incredible - actually there were flowers everywhere - guess it's the perfect weather there right now. We rode the ferry which was awesome. We went to Victoria (Canada)and rode a tour bus and it was actually fun. The bus driver/tour guide was a hoot. We drove all through the historic residential part of the town. Hiked in the rain forest in Olympic National Park. Saw the biggest mushroom -I think it was a mushroom anyway. Saw trees that were uprooted by wind and then just started growing again in a horizontal position because the envirionment is so perfect there in the forest. Stayed in a beautiful lodge on an incredible lake - Lake Quinault. I'm sure I have forgotten something. Oh, one favorite place was Port Townsend. Aunt Sharon and I could have stayed there the whole time . . . a lot like Fredicksburg but on the water. There was an awesome historic hotel right downtown but it was booked for the night we were there. Next time maybe.
Friday, September 28, 2007
Home Again, Home Again. . . but for a Moment
Just returned from St.George. Before that Washington State. Before that Corpus Christi Texas. Now on to Kansas and then back Corpus. I think maybe I should rent my house out . . . hire permanent companions for the Labs abandoned in my backyard. It's good to be home. Though no one was here to meet me. I take that back . . . the dogs were definitely excited to see me and my Visiting Teacher and kids came over shortly after I arrived home from the airport. So, here are some pictures I thought were pretty good. Some from my trip to Washington and some from St. George. I think one of my favorite things about Washington was of course the weather. We went to Pike Marketplace, an outdoor market with all kinds of stuff - we watched the fishmongers throwing fish back and forth - they put on quite a show. There were two banjo players that were so good. The fresh flowers were incredible - actually there were flowers everywhere - guess it's the perfect weather there right now. We rode the ferry which was awesome. We went to Victoria (Canada)and rode a tour bus and it was actually fun. The bus driver/tour guide was a hoot. We drove all through the historic residential part of the town. Hiked in the rain forest in Olympic National Park. Saw the biggest mushroom -I think it was a mushroom anyway. Saw trees that were uprooted by wind and then just started growing again in a horizontal position because the envirionment is so perfect there in the forest. Stayed in a beautiful lodge on an incredible lake - Lake Quinault. I'm sure I have forgotten something. Oh, one favorite place was Port Townsend. Aunt Sharon and I could have stayed there the whole time . . . a lot like Fredicksburg but on the water. There was an awesome historic hotel right downtown but it was booked for the night we were there. Next time maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Pretty pictures. I'm so glad you got to do that. It looks beautiful. You've definitely been a busy lady. You've got a laptop feel free to blog even though you aren't at home. It's the only way I can keep up with you. Love you. Miss you. Thanksgiving and Christmas at my house right?? Better get working on that- Why don't you just drive and you can bring you dogs and put them in my backyard.
That is where we went mom, that summer that you and dad watched the boys for me so I could fly up to Washington to be with Pres for a few weeks. Pikes Market. It was fun. Awesome pictures. Give uncle george a hug for me for his birthday this last week. Looks like yall had a blast. Love ya
That sounds SO fun! It's gorgeous. I'll have to get myself to Washington one of these days. I hope I someday see a tree growing horizontally. That has to be quite a site. Were the roots kind of buried or were they just out there in the air?
That is a cool cup of tea...or coffee of whatever. how did they do that? it looks really cute. :) Tons of fun pictures!
Post a Comment