Sunday, August 26, 2007
Sunday Blues!
so, the kids went home and it is really quiet here tonight. not that I don't enjoy the quiet but it is nice to have my family with me. even tho' Ben is such a lousy conversationalist . . . or is that me? I can't help but be his mom . . . and mom's can be annoying. carson redecorated while i took ginger to the er for migraine medicine. they actually gave her something in an i.v. and it worked! she was so happy about it! she spent most of the trip with a headache. she is a trooper, as she just continued right along . . . trying to have fun. we spent a few hours at the mall getting a dress and shoes for carson - new slacks for ben. we had a great time at the wedding. there were 22 flower girls - it was the cutest thing i have ever seen! they just kept coming and coming and coming. there were lots of chuckles! ginger has a few pictures of the trip. . . i forgot my camera. we ate at county line - yum. bought a smoker and smoked a brisket. i have so much left over it is crazy. i'll just freeze it. some of it will go to uncle george. papa isn't well, so sharon and i are on our way back to corpus tomorrow or tuesday. i think his time to go is getting closer. 90 years is a dang long time to be here on this earth - and he really misses mama. he has been such a good dad - especially since i grew up and realized it!! hope all is well with all of the opfel klan. waiting to hear about all of your happenings. . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh how fun! i am sad i missed it. I think the flower girl thing was such a cute idea. i bet all the kids had so much fun! :) i cant wait to see pics! i cant believe Ginger's headache lasted so long...that really sucks. Did they say why at the er room what was going on? was it worse then normal? that stinks that it hit on her trip like that. I bet Carson LOVED your house. :) Miss you.
Preston says that I always get a migraine, right before, or during traveling. He says it is because I am such a stresser about everything being perfect. Although since I stopped drinking CAFFEINE, I don't get migraines like I used to. HINT HINT! Bastrop ER is going to always know when we come to visit you mom. With our migraines!
It sounds like the wedding was a lot of fun! Wish I could have gone. Ginger still has a bit of a headache today, but she's mobile so that's good. I'm glad you enjoyed the visit and make sure to tell Papa that we say hello!
Ginger is doing alright. :-) I did have a headache today but I went ahead and pretended that I didn't hmmm eventually it's going to go away. Ugh. I don't even feel stressed. So annoying. Oh well. I miss you already mom. Actually I was missing you b4 I even left. I am already looking forward to the next mommy visit. Hope all goes well with Papa. Love you much-G
I've got the blues missing you. When are you coming to az I miss you already! Are you going to stay here for December. Pretty pretty please!!
Post a Comment