Sunday, July 15, 2007

Texas Summer Rains


How nice to sit on my porch and enjoy the falling rain, listening to the thunder . . . . oops, that one was scarey, I am now in the house watching out the window! leave it to Texas weather - they say if ya don't like the weather in Texas . . . wait 5 minutes and it will change! So true. Daniel and Laura are in San Antonio today doing the tourist thing. Invited them to church with no luck. This afternoon we are trying to go to Rosanky to see the creek and visit with Aunt Sharon and Uncle George. Trey was coming . . . but the rain is complicating things. Church was great this morning. The high councilman came to speak and did such a great job. He works for the Church Educational System . . . was once a seminary teacher and now an institute teacher. He was so good. Wish Daniel had brought Laura because he talked about the things she has questioned about the Church beliefs and doctrines. Anyway, I enjoyed it. We are planning a trip to Corpus tomorrow to see Papa and hoping he is well enough to visit. Daniel isn't looking forward to it . . . except to see the beach and go to the aquarium. He isn't much on visiting . . . as we all know. It just occurred to me that I haven't taken care of getting someone to come feed my dogs. Maybe Sharon will do it every other day. I know I don't do this blogging correctly . . . my life isn't exciting enough to keep up with your girls and all your stuff. I have no baby to take pictures of? would you be interested in pictures of my dogs? No? thought not. well, see you girls tuesday if all goes well. hope your sunday is relaxing and uplifting . . . . note: daniel and laura and I went to Rudy's in Austin on Friday before going to Barton Creek Mall to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was absolutely delicious! And the movie was good too! And of course yesterday after they returned from a trip to Fiesta Texas, we went to Roadhouse here in Bastrop and again, it was better than ever - hamburger and shake, that's what its all about! food! Daniel requested roast and potatoes for dinner on Fri. - today we'll have leftovers. . . if they ever come back! Trying to go to Hula-Hut on Tuesday for lunch to see Jenifer and Reyn. That is if I can capture the "kids" - they want to go to Barton Springs in Austin. Go, go, go. Exhausting to be young.

4 comments:

Becky said...

look at you doing a post while you have visitors AND putting a recent picture! i feel like i am there! :) I heard you got killed in monopoly AGAIN! but laura said ya'll caught the little sneak cheating! ha!ha!ha! sounds like fun! Ben came over today for dinner and stayed and visited for a while! Mylie likes him. :) Fun times! cant believe you will be here on tuesday! very cool! cant wait to see you! bring all my stuff i left would ya? mylie really misses her mulan II movie. :P

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

mom forget how cute the building is and start taking close up pictures so we can actually tell who it is. but the building is very cute. I do miss Texas. No matter how many places we go, Pres & I do want to retire there. Weird that one of your kids is already thinking about retirement?

Sarah's Nonsense said...

That does sound exhausting, but it sounds like a lot of fun, too! It was good to see you yesterday. I'm sure I'll see you again soon.

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Home yet? How was your flight?