Monday, July 30, 2007
Monday's Are Refreshing . . .
I love Mondays. I think because I feel revived after Sunday. I have learned that if I spend my Sundays differently from the rest of the week . . . reading, relaxing, thinking, and just being quiet - then I am ready to go again on Monday morning! Thank heavens for Sundays. Otherwise your week would just run together and you couldn't even remember what day it is! Today's plan is to meet Sharon and George in Smithville and look at a vintage house for sale that has three additional lots with it. Price: $79,900. We're thinking we can restore the little house and then begin to build three other Texas style homes . . . and create our our little village so to speak. We'll see. I found the property three weeks ago - took them to see it, but it takes George awhile to ponder on things. He called me yesterday and said let's look into it and guess what. There is a contract pending. Of course. So today we'll find out if we want to put a full price offer in. If not this house we'll find something. George has the talent and experience - my contribution? Well, I'm thinking on that one. Willingness to do something? yeah, that's it. and a little bit of $$$ to pitch in. So, what have the rest of you been up to? Ned is now an LPN and expecting a son on Aug. 20 (Erin's is being induced). Katy is trying to steal a little two year old girl from church - her boys are getting ready for school again. Eye surgery for Jake soon so he will no longer be that cross-eyed bugger (quoting katy). Sarah is contemplating working as assistant editor for an Arizona magazine. Becky is going crazy planning the event of the year for Mylie's 1st Birthday - coming soon! Ginger - tho' I haven't talked with her in a few days - there is no question that she is continuing to work on her new business and taking in orders like crazy for their Hot Mama paper (the favorite evidently). Ben is continuing to seek more gainful employment - way to go Ben - if you work you need to make the most money possible as well as enjoy what you are doing! Daniel is hopefully scheduled to take the NET (Nursing Entrance Test) - possibly entering Nursing School in Jan. 08. And Laura - you scheduled too for the NET? Aren't we just a busy group of earthlings! I bet Dad is very proud of all of his kids - as I am. If there is more going on in your life - just add it to your blog. I was just touching the surface I'm sure. Wish Ben and Daniel would do a blog - that would be so awesome. And I think Ginger needs a bit of encouragement - she says she is too busy. Sad. Have a good week. Mom loves you all. Call me and leave nice messages! I like to hear your voices - even tho' I know you are all busy busy busy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I read that all the way through even though my first inclination was to skip to the end and yell at you in caps to keep it short and sweet there, lady! Hope the house hunting went well. Sounds like a lot of fun to me! I'm taking the kids to the library this afternoon. We're going to try the county library instead of the City of Mesa library (we've got some killer fines racked up over there). And you know me...I'm totally a fine payer, but they are charging me an exorbitant fee for something that I SWEAR I never even had! Sheesh. So we've totally turned on them and we're going to borrow from the competition. I'll let you know if it's just as good!
NO Sarah no short blogs! I love your long blog mom! So happy to see that you finally updated!
any luck on any more properties?
WWWHHHHHEEEEERRRREEE'd mom go?
Post a Comment