Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Thoughts

Here's a cute family picture from 1985 - looks like Ben is about 6 months maybe. Check out the girl's hairstyles - especially mine, looks like a grown out perm. Lovely. Dad - looks the same as he always does. Just plain handsome! Ned - good job of giving the photographer eye contact! We took up a long pew at church . . . I'm sure we were the perfectly reverent family everyone envies.
This morning during sacrament, I sat in front of a young family with four little kids. Three girls and a boy. The baby was 6 months and adorable. Then there was a two year old adorable blue-eyed girl. Another one about 4 I think - a bubbly boy. And another girl about 6. They had their hands full for sure. But it was so fun to watch them and listen to them during sacrament. They must have gone out a million times with one or the other. Mostly the dad took them out. It so reminded me of when all of you guys were little and dad was in the branch presidency. I had my hands full - I think I only had three at that time. Katy, age 3, Ned age 2, and Sarah - a baby. How did I do that?? I do remember keeping Sarah in her car seat and setting her beside me on the floor. Chasing Ned around the piano while Dad watched as if he didn't know us - that was fun. Most of the time I had Dad with me to help out during sacrament. Thank goodness. And he stayed awake a lot of the time too! It was a bit hard to concentrate on the speakers tho' with all the action behind me. The little baby played with my feet for a while from under the pew. funny. We had a talk on being self-sufficient today from one of our more liberal families in the ward. Luckily they pretty much kept it unpolitical. There were a few comments made that caused the bishop to flinch. They said that the government is lying to us about the economy. hmmm. I don't dare ask them what they meant by that . . . they have some pretty farout bumperstickers on their car - like 9/11 was an inside job. What the heck! Hope all of you guys had a great sunday and enjoyed your meetings as much as I enjoyed mine. I just like to be with people who have the same goals and values as me. It's relaxing and comforting. It never fails to amaze me how attending church gives me renewed strength to continue on . . . and with a positive attitude. We have so many blessings in our lives . . . so many opportunites before us! Just look around you at your friends and neighbors. All of you guys live in a nice place, have nice things, have plenty to eat and good health. You all have the chance to get an education . . . . We have it all here in America. Tho' the country is struggling right now . . . that's ok. Maybe we needed a kick in the pants to get us back on the right path . . . and stop the insanity so to speak of "affluenza". I love that term. Anyway - don't have a lot to say - just wanted to put my two cents in for today. Always remember - to keep the commandments, in this there is safety, in this there is peace . . . . remember that primary song? It's true. So very true. And so very simple. love mom

4 comments:

Sarah's Nonsense said...

I know ALL the primary songs. They're now just as constant a part of me as my blood. I've had Primary callings for over 10 years straight now. Although...the classics are still the best. I Am A Child of God, just to harass Aunt Sharon. I think I'm going to send her a cd of myself singing it over and over and over and over for her next birthday. I'm so Glad When Daddy Comes Home, Hinges, Do What I'm Doing...you know. Can you tell I'll always been in Jr. Primary? It's never boring!

Becky said...

sounds like a fun weekend! how is aunt theresa? i havent emailed or written her or uncle tom in FOREVER! i need to get on that! that is a great family picture. not sure who gets the best hair do award ginger or me...mom you a runner up for second that is for SURE! UGH!

A Diary of A Mother to An Unruly Kid said...

I am so proud of you Jeanie for not getting lost! I simply LOVE San Antonio, it is so beautiful & green! And I'm not going to lie, I snickered a little bit at the photo especially when you brought up the hair!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

wow that just seems like yesterday. It feels like time is flying by so fast. Seems like yesterday, and now I am about to have teenagers of my own!