Sunday, July 27, 2008

Laura's Survey Thing .. . .. .

Answer these 15 questions about yourself on your blog. List 3 Joys, 3 Fears, 3 Goals, 3 Current Obsessions/Collections and 3 Random/Surprising facts. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names.

3 Joys:
1. My family - I really love when we all get together and everything is crazy . . . we're getting to have a pretty large family now. Love it - Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite family times.
2. Service - I have come to realize lately that serving someone makes me feel good inside. Duh! I have known that forever . . . but I think I forgot. It has been quite an adjustment for me to have an empty nest . . . it's amazing how many thing I use to do for my husband and kids. Surely kept me busy serving . . . .now I have to find other avenues of service.
3. Studying the scriptures - I have found that when I study the scriptures, which I not very good at - things just go better. Everything goes better. I'm not sure why because I'm certainly not a scriptorian . . . but I am obedient.

3 Fears:
1. No one really tells their "real" fears. But my current fear is of bears - and the fact that the mcdonald family lives amongst them.
2. Getting old and decrepit.
3. Running out of money sooner than later. Isn't that everyone's fear? So, I'm not alone.

3 Goals:
1. To be self-sufficient in every way.
2. Learn to play the piano - since I'm bringing Mama's piano to my house.
3. Become proficient at genealogy. I am having such a hard time tuning in to that project.

3 Current Obsessions/Collections:
1. Little Girl Dresses - for "Cabbage Moon" - I have made three so far.
2. Blogging - email - craigslist
3. Reading - I keep telling myself - "it's summer, I can read all i want" - then I remember that it doesn't matter summer or not - i can read if it want. . . .


3 Random/Surprising facts:
1. I worked as a barmaid at the "Peanut Gallery" when Dad and I were at Texas A&M - and wore hot pants to work. Before I joined the church. . . .
2. I have learned to make salmon patties like Mama use to - they are so delicious!!
3. I have learned to love gardening . . . sorta. I grew tomatoes, squash, swiss chard this spring/summer - not too successful but at least i tried. Dad never wanted me in his garden - i was only allowed to have the harvest for cooking.

I TAG ERIN OPFEL - did someone already get you? don't know any other bloggers. Maybe Sandy leSueur in case she checks in - or Karen Ruddell, or Margie?

2 comments:

A Diary of A Mother to An Unruly Kid said...

yay! thank you, jeanie!! so now that i know you like to sew... want to teach me?

Sarah's Nonsense said...

I always loved the chard! Did you get a good enough crop to have some this summer?