
Well, I went to San Antonio on Friday. All by myself. I googled Theresa's address on MapQuest and printed it out and braved it on my own. I got to San Marcos and saw Hastings. Stopped, joined their rental club and checked out an audio book. Had a horrible lunch at Arby's - why do I do that? Then on to San Antonio on I-35. The traffic was light and I saw so much shopping I could hardly keep on driving - but I did. When I saw Marshall's on 1604 . . . I just had to stop. Theresa said she would be home around 4 p.m. so I had an hour to spare. I found some awesome things there. I felt like a real country girl going to town for the first time in months. So so much shopping - I passed right by the outlets - and so many places to eat. Theresa and I met up at Marshall's and went to eat at a great mexican place -yum. Then visited in her apartment 'til 11 almost. Slept in the next morning and then went to a great place called Artisan's Alley - lots of great antiques. Had a pretty good lunch there . . . then went and had pedicures. Now that was relaxing - it was their grand opening so they were extra nice to us and did a great job. We went to a clock shop and listened to all of the ridiculously expensive clocks - so beautiful. Theresa took the weights from her Grandfather clock which had been injured in her move. Then we had time to eat once more before I left for home - we ate at Alamo Cafe. I had puff tacos. I think that has become my favorite - and you can't find them just anywhere. Then I drove home (by myself) and am very proud to say that I had no problems. I did worry what I would do if I had a flat tire. But no worries - all went well. Dad would have been proud - I didn't get lost -not even a little bit. And now I know how to get to the temple - Theresa drove me there. There is a new LDS book store right across the street. So, when I decide to go to the temple - I know exactly how to get there. Can you tell that I am so cool - I think I am. Don't know why I can't figure Austin out. San Antonio is so much easier. I'm a bit familiar since Dad and I lived there and in Boerne for 8 years or so. Got home in time to feed the dogs, finish up the bulletin and read my book for awhile. Your mom is so cool.
2 comments:
Yeah! An outing. Sounds like a great day! I really like San Antonio. Although when I say I really like San Antonio I should actually say I really like the Riverwalk. I'm a total tourist. Although I do like the Quarry, too. That's San Antonio, right?
I agree you are pretty cool! Very proud of you. Now get on a plane and come visit me in Alaska. I miss you! :)
Post a Comment