
Linda Rushton Benson, oldest daughter of Uncle Preston, Mama's brother(second oldest grandchild after Uncle Mike) - she is the blond lady. Then there's Gloria Hand Burd (wears glasses) - daughter of Aunt Doris, Mama's sister. The other lady, Vivian - is a cousin, but the connection I can't remember. Nice nice people. We had a great time taking them around Bastrop county. Mostly we drove and drove . . . stopped in to see several painted churches, several antique stores, chocolate store and lots of eating! Went to RoundTop and enjoyed Festival Hill - a really neat little complex of stone buildings - fashioned after old european buildings/churches. Beautiful gardens there too. Loved the painted churches - Late 1800's and early 1900's, travelling artists would paint the ceilings of the churches in the communities. They are truly incredible. I learned how to play Chicken Foot/dominoes. And we made Aunt Sharon play . . . she really hates games. So, now they are back to their old stomping grounds (Henderson, Texas) . . . and I am back to getting my little house ready to rent. The fact Sandy Loam is impassable is a problem. . . . trying to get someone to fix it for an affordable price before the end of June (last bid was $9,000.00). Not looking too good. Also, trying to get my sprinkler system in order . . . since my water bill was $260 last month. Hmm. Think I'll let the grass die . . . hasn't rained in forever!@!!! I've got stuff going on here in Bastrop!!
2 comments:
wow...i had to look at the picture twice in order to tell WHO that was (you or aunt sharon) hee.hee. that is embarrassing how much ya'll look alike. SOunds like a fun girls trip!
Sounds like fun to go on a "painted church" tour! That water bill is certainly a mystery. Hope that is resolved quickly. Did you already call the water company directly and see if they have someone that handles issue like that. Maybe they'll just send someone out to check the lines. Glad ya'll had fun. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Sandy Loam is soon passable! Maybe the hunters will really want to get out there past your property to hunt and they'll fix it.
Post a Comment