Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baby Girl Dress

Here's the front of the little dress. Cute huh?!
This is the back of the dress - ribbon closure (didn't want to do buttonholes).
Bad pic but this is the pocket - love that lil' red riding hood.
This is the front up close - cute wooden buttons with chocolate brown pompoms.
I made this little embellishment out of rust colored wool and leftover pieces. Cute.

What do you think? Pretty dang cute if i do say so myself. I have only been working on this for a few months. I think I'll have to put a pretty high price tag on it ! Think I could set up a website called Cabbage Moon and sell these little dresses for $ $ alot $ $???

6 comments:

Sarah's Nonsense said...

So Sweet! Love that you added some wool on there. That's totally Jeanie. I still need to go find that book called Cabbage Moon. Such a cute name!

Ned and Erin + kids said...

Stella needs a dress, so when you start your business i will be first on the order for one

Texas Country Girl said...

My original plan was to let all the moms pick out fabric and i would make a dress for each granddaughter . . . but i got chicken. maybe if i do it a little at a time. . . or if i can find a chinaman (woman) to make them for cheap???? you could send me sizes and that might get me going. Hmm...i'm remembering getting rug designs from some of you girls - still have those somewhere.

Ginger John said...

Awwww! That is super cute Mom! There is a website called etsy that people sell stuff on. Handmade stuff. That's adorable. You should find a cute little boutique to put those in! LOVE the name Cabbage Moon.

A Diary of A Mother to An Unruly Kid said...

aww i love it! and this is totally unrelated but i love and miss you :o( Daniel and I need to come visit ASAP!

Becky said...

still waiting for one for Mylie! :)