Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ok - my turn . . . .

So, since no one is posting these days - guess I'll just have to do one myself. Don't have too much to say. . . . I'll be to AZ in two days. Went to Sharon and George's and had dinner . . . yum. Jenifer and Reyn were there too. We took a little walk down to the creek. Beautiful weather but a bit cold for the baby. Just nice to be outside. The evil Llama was locked in the pen so as not to cause another Llama trauma. I don't really like him much. He's snotty. In more ways than one.

Here's a quote I need to share so I can throw away this piece of paper I have been saving. From President Hinckley:

Respect for one's spouse comes of recognition that each of us is son or daughter of God, endowed with something of his divine nature; that each of us is an individual entitled to expressions and cultivation of individual talents and deserving of forbearence of patience, of understanding, of courtesy, of thoughtful consideration. True Love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well-being of one's companion.

It's really a deep thought - you will probably have to read it several times. But if you can integrate it into your relationships . . . everyone benefits. The hard thing is to give 100% to the other partner . . . but the other partner has to given 100% too. A difficult thing to do. But it definitely makes for a happy home. Do you know the hopes and dreams of your partner? Do you know and do you encourage them to develop their hidden talents? Food for thought.

1 comment:

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

I love that thought. I really feel like I do push Pres towards his dreams, and want him to be the best he can be...I think I push too hard sometimes. I need to step back and remember he isn't one of my kids...he is my husband...and like one of the talks at conference it says...you can only live on someone else's testimony for so long...you have to have your own testimony. It was a lot more beautifully put in conference, but that was the just of it. :)