Just a random picture of Dad and Jake. Notice the green green grass of Gable Street. And the perplexed look on Jake's face . . . I'm thinking he is wanting down. I was probably fussing at dad in the background to put Jake down. That's just me and my protective grandmotherly nature.Whenever dad was in trouble with me for whatever reason, I would say to him "Hon. . . ." and then proceed to tell him what he should be doing and why. He probably hated to hear me say "Hon". Funny huh. That's supposed to be a "term of endearment". Just a thought that popped into my head.
I heard a quote from President Spencer W. Kimball on BYU today - yes, I watch that channel alot. Here is it:
"If we look at mortality as the whole of existence, the pain, sorrow, failure and short life would be a calamity. But if we look upon life as an eternal thing stretching far into the pre-mortal past and on into the eternal post-death future, then all happenings may be put in proper perspective."
Do we value our "lives" as much as we should . . . and in doing so, do we prepare ourselves each day to go out into the world and make a difference to those around us? Taking strength from the knowledge we are all blessed to have and sharing that with others. Do we have the countenance of one who knows Heavenly Father?
Just thinking about Dad - and wishing him a "Merry Christmas" - which I have no doubt he is having. Can we even imagine??? love from mom.
2 comments:
i love that pic of dad and jake. jake was scared to death, but yet didn't want down. he loved being with dad..especially when he got one on one time. I think people think i am cold sometimes because when aunt judy told me she was dying I kind of made a joke and said I am sure that your soul mate is tired of waiting for you! She isn't married and has been alone since her 30's. I will be so happy for her to be happy, and not alone anymore. I don't think that is cold, or uncaring...I was thinking in the eternal perspective. :) We are all wishing you a Merry Christmas Dad. We know you are okay...we miss you so much, but know that you are okay, and happy, and comforting us when we need it. We love you.
I love that picture. So very appropriate. Having the grass in the background and the beloved lawnmower.
Post a Comment