Sunday, September 19, 2010

Oh My Heck! I found it!

Ok. I admit it. I lost my blog for a whole year . . . yes, that sounds crazy, but my frustration level is quite low when it comes to technology. So, anyway. I'm going to give it another try. But I'll have to ponder awhile to think of something worthwhile to post.

I've had a crazy busy month with Young Women's. One thing after another, and the month isn't over yet. I just made brownies to take to a YMYW Combined fireside tonight. Not that original, but then I love brownies and only make them for youth activities. That would be to prevent me from eating the entire 9x13 pan myself.

It's been a good day. Sunday is always good. It's been raining again - the world here in Central Texas is green again. It's simply amazing how much the earth loves rain as opposed to city water/aqua water. I mowed my lawn a few days ago just before the rain. Luck! My neighbor brings his brush hog over and does the part by the street and in the front (too many rocks for my mower). My home teacher came over and spent days cutting up two huge pine trees - now I have plenty of firewood - he cut up some oak too. A friend from church brought her teenagers over to clear my rain gutters - so nice of them. Had a hot date with the High Priests !! Went to a great place to eat in Winchester. We had a table for 20 - a really big group - it was fun and the food was really good! Fried catfish! Yum! . . . and fried oysters . . . sorta Yum!

YWIE is coming up - along with Personal Progress Night. We'll be putting together Temple Cans - I hope the girls like it. Our Personal Progress Leader is awesome - does a great job for YW. We're so hoping each of our YW has her display finished up.

Did my Visiting Teaching! I won't say how long it's been - felt good to visit with my ladies in their homes. Still have one lady we haven't met yet. I use to never miss my VT ladies - always went faithfully . . . don't really know what happened??

Ok - this is pretty boring - I've got to get ready for the fireside anyway. Maybe the next post will be more interesting. I did spend the afternoon in Italy . . . AMC movie Rome Adventure. Susan Pleshette - you kids are way too young to remember her. Great little movie - almost feels like I've been to Italy. Later.

No comments: