Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Let Your Light Shine"

Let your light shine, that others may benefit. That was my topic for my talk this morning in sacrament. I can tell you that I did an awesome job and I will probably be asked to speak at General Conference. Since I have no witnesses. Actually, I think I did ok. A returned missionary spoke after me - so it wasn't all about me of course. tho' I was the only other speaker. I made everyone laugh a bit . . . sang a little song from Vacation Bible School from my youth - that everyone recognized because most everyone used to be Baptist in Texas. Shared my story about the two graduate students at A&M who set such a good example - that I let the missionaries in when they knocked on our door in San Antonio. You know the story. It's always good to prepare a talk - you really have to "tow the line" while preparing - to make sure you get it right. I'm having a very relaxed afternoon . . . shouldn't have to talk for at least another year or two.

Hope all had a good Sunday. Wonder if Ben made it to Danny Parker's homecoming? Hope Mylie's b-day party was terrific!!!!! Sarah - Tara asked about you and I told her about your book - of course, I'm remembering now that it isn't released yet. But she can't pre-order it right? Wanted to know if we should read it for book club?? Ned - bought any 4-plexes recently? Daniel and Laura - how was your trip to Sedona ? How was Jake's b-day fishing trip? Paden's party is coming up . . . .already mailed her present. Tomorrow should get some info about our new line of children's dresses - Merriweather & Co. Love to you all.

4 comments:

Margie said...

Jeannie, well I bet you gave a great talk, talk the parkers gave was good, one was coming home and the other boy was leaving, so it was there day at sacrament meeting., very good. good to hear, drop me an emailsometime

Sarah's Nonsense said...

oooh. So you have a new name for the dress biz, huh? I didn't know! Let me know the news.

Meeting Lizzy is available for pre-order on Barnes&Noble.com and Amazon.com will ship it out immediately. (They get to jump the fun a little bit for some reason...the official pub. date is 9/19/08).

Book club...I think it would be a great discussion maker, but you'll have to decide since you know the ladies better than I do. Remember that it does have a few words some fo the ladies may find inappropriate, etc. Do you usually stick to religious titles? Other than a couple mild swear words...I don't see why ya'll couldn't read it; mix it up a bit!

Call me to chat when you get a second. Are you still resting and reading?

A Diary of A Mother to An Unruly Kid said...

Hi Jeanie! Sedona was great, I think you'd really like it there. I found this amazing moon sculpture that I splurged on but I haven't EVER spent that kind of money on myself and I love it. Daniel raided "The World of Jerky." Overall, it was a beautiful afternoon in the red rocks! I am sure your talk was great. I know I wouldn't be able to do one!

Becky said...

your talk really sounded great! would have been fun to have been able to hear it! MOVE HOME.