Sunday, August 24, 2008

EVIDENCE - of Newport CA




Paden and her olives . . .
I love that hat, Ginger. So cute - think this was the only time Ginger was "in" the sand.
The kids had a blast . . . even Chandler. Where is Chandler? Yeah, chasing a seagull down the beach. . . .
We even had neighboring kids wander over to check out our "play area".
Notice Ginger's uncovered legs . . . from this day forward she kept covered to protect her aching sunburn.
Missy Paden. I see Mylie and Daniel in the background . . . Carson watching the waves.
My grandkids love me - good that my face is cut off . . . who did that? rude.
One of the pleasures of Newport - reading on the beach, tho' Becky was more than absorbed in "Breaking Dawn" . . .
A few of us braved the waves with the boogie boards . . . water was cold I was told.
And did we have enough toys for the little guys? I think so . . . Kotter's happy.
Daisy having a snack after a refreshing swim - carrots? good girl.


I was surprised this afternoon to find a few pics on my camera. I totally forgot to tote my camera around - i was too busy making sure i had my visa card. i have my priorities. oh, and my chap stick - and making sure i had on sun block - oh the problems you encounter when you spent a week at Newport beach . . . it was a blast. Loved it all - spending too much money, looking like H____ most of the time - riding the bikes - riding the ferry - spending time with family - just hanging out at the beach watching the waves come in - listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks . . . it was all good. Thought I 'd share a few pics - no, everyone isn't in them - because I am a lousy photographer. Some of the pics are so bad you will never see them. Love all of you guys for putting up with me and taking the time to spend the week together. Hats off to the soninlaws - for joining us. And to Ned - and Daniel for nearly killing themselves to get there - and then having to leave so soon. But you got a taste of Newport . . . and yes, Ben had to WORK. Ugh. Katy - next year you and the boys must come. We need you! and Erin and the girls (and boy) also. We surely had plenty of room for you! And we missed you! Wish I had taken a complete set of pics - but I think after that first day . . . I was all about having fun and forgot about pics - you guys probably have more.

1 comment:

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

Oh my goodness that looks like so much fun. I am so homesick for all of you! :)