Monday, March 31, 2008

Ah! Spring! How Does Your Garden Grow?

Did you notice that Spring is officially here? I went and bought tomatoes and summer squash to plant. I have to hurry . . . wish Dad were here to do it for me. He knew what he was doing. He spoiled me for sure. Tomorrow I'm going to the local nursery to buy swiss chard seeds or plants if they have them. That way I can totally eat from my garden - container garden that is. When I get them planted . . . I'll take pics. We'll see if I can nurture them along and actually get a harvest! I remember Dad's garden in Boerne - it was 6,000 sq. feet . . . so so many green beans! Cantelopes & melons! Brocolli & Cauliflower. What else did we have? I know you kids always had to help pick. There was so much. He worked so hard in that garden. The garden in Mesa was good too . . . sometimes the zucchini got out of hand. It's so fun to watch things grow. How does your garden grow??? At least plant some tomatoes . . . homegrown tomatoes are so delicious.

5 comments:

Becky said...

yummy. i saw chard at the grocery store the other day and thought you dad. that was my favorite thing he grew in the garden in mesa. YUMMY! cant wait to see pictures of your garden. i'll be jealous.

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

hmm i have never had chard. I have such amazing memories of the garden on dodge road. I remember the look on dad's face some nights. PURE EXHAUSTION, and yet we were dying to have daddy time, so he would take us out to the garden till dark. Didn't he eventually even put lights out there on the cedar posts so he could work at night? So amazing. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sarah's Nonsense said...

That is so funny. When I was down there I looked at that page of that book that was sitting on your kitchen table. It was pretty cool!

Unknown said...

Sounds like I am definately going to plan a trip to Texas. It looks very beautiful...