Saturday, February 2, 2008

YOUR PAPA

I know I posted this picture before but I can't find another one on my computer. I should scan some I suppose.
I just returned from Corpus this week after spending eight days with Papa. He is slowly leaving us. He is now under the care of Hospice which is an awesome program that sends nurses, massage therapists, CNA's and volunteers to help Felicia with his care. He was in and out the whole time Aunt Sharon and I were there. I feel good about the care he is getting. We came home for a breather and we will go back down in the next few days. It's hard to tell how much longer he will be with us but I think of President Hinckley who actually reminds me of Papa. He is now with his wife whom he missed terribly . . . and I am excited for Papa to join Mama. We have a VHS tape of Mama and Papa and their friend, James Grey. It is neat to be able to see them both in their younger years interacting as a married couple. I will try to get a copy for everyone as a keepsake. Well, I was just checking in and letting everyone know the situation. The missionaries came by while we were there and had a good visit with us, tho' Papa slept most of the time. But they did pray before leaving - I really felt good about that because they asked that Papa and all of us be comforted and strengthened. What more could one ask.

No comments: