Monday, October 29, 2007

See ya in a minute!


Hmmm. Do you realize that from Dad's vantage point he will see us in "just a minute"??? Isn't that an exciting thought? So, Dad is not sad because he will be with us "in just a minute." But I'm very sure that he is sad if we are sad because he is gone. So, we'll remember the good times and there are many. We'll remember the times we laughed like crazy and there are many. We'll remember that Dad was always there for us when we needed him. (almost always, nothing is always). I believe that Dad needs us to be happy so that he can get on with his important work . . . . And I know that we can be happy . . . it's a choice. And I choose HAPPY to be alive. . . . HAPPY to be an Opfel . . . HAPPY to have seven great kids . . . HAPPY to have 14 super grandkids. . .HAPPY most of all to know the plan of salvation and to know that if I live the gospel I'll be OK. If I'm OK, then you can be OK too. And that's a fact (as Papa would say).

4 comments:

Becky said...

:) that was a great post. I love posts about Dad. Some days i try to block out that he is really "gone"...i just think he moved and i havent talked to him in a while. then i reazlize the denial card can only take me so far. Thanks for the post...it made me smile. see ya in a minute dad. :)

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Love you, Mom.

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

I like your words Beck, can I just say those are exactly what I was thinking. I use my denial card heavily. With Preston, and with Dad....and moving to ALASKA! I sure miss you dad:)It makes me giggle seeing dad trying to be sneaky wearing his glasses!

Ginger John said...

That's a sweet reminder. Thanks Mom. Hey what's wrong with the denial card I think it's gets me pretty far b4 I have a total breakdown :)