Thursday, October 25, 2007

Obedience - The Law

A quote Ben sent Dad and I in an email while he was on his mission. Ijust came across it the other day. It's a good one.

"When obedience ceases to be an irritant and it becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power."

Now that is a powerful quote. Don't we all want power. I heard today on a discussion on BYU channel (D&C 88) - obeying God's law gives us the power to control our our destiny. Wow. That gave me goosebumps. I'm all about controling my own destiny!!! Great picture, don't ya think? Dad looks mad . . . he isn't. Just trying to look tough. Love that cowboy hat, Ben!

2 comments:

Becky said...

that is a cute picture. i remember that like it was yesterday. MAN it was fun and SO exciting to see our missionary cowboy come walking down the terminal. :)

Such a good boy. :)

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

That was fun. And why does mom only try to post FAT pictures of me? Just teasing you mom. There just happen to be so MANY fat pictures! I love seeing pictures of dad just doing plain nothing but being dad. :)