I have been way too busy to post. Too busy checking ya'lls blogs. . . over and over and over. thank goodness you guys are doing better reporting in. I was a bit crazy there for awhile. It had become an obsession to check the blogs then check the emails. . . like duh! every 20 minutes. Just kidding. Not quite that bad. I can report that Merriweather & Co. sold 9 dresses at market in Dallas and got lots of good input. We are working on tweaking our sizes. We are adding a smaller size - 6-9 month. It's fun to do the little ones - everything is cute when it's little, even dresses! Aunt Sharon comes over twice to three times a week and we work on our design, etc. We are finishing up two more dresses, then off to Fredericksburg to let Beulah's pick some to put in their shop. We about 15 fall/winter and 15 spring/summer. There is another show in Dallas in January but we might send them to Los Angeles instead. We are also searching for high-end boutiques in Corpus Christ, San Antonio & Houston to send our brochure too. Which doesn't actually exist but we'll get one done soon. If any of you guys know of one of those crazy high-end boutiques where our dresses would fit in let me know. We are also emailing pics when we have that ready to go - the pics i took aren't really good enough to use - we'll have to redo them i think so they look more professional. wish i had ginger here to take them . . . . So that's what I've been doing. That and teaching the MiaMaids and attending all their activities trying to get to know them and letting them get to know me. I think it's working well . . . I have three girls who do not come and I'm trying to help the girls reach out to them.
The Elders came over a few weeks back and I gave them a name of one of my neighbors to go visit. They left me a note the next day and said my neighbor had accepted their invitation to teach her and would like to meet with me too on that Friday. I had planned a work day that day so I called and re-scheduled for the following Wednesday. I was hesitant to re-schedule but did it anyway. On Monday the following week she called and canceled, saying that her husband did not want her to talk with the missionaries, that they were happy with their own religion. Hmm. I'll never know if I made a mistake or if it would have been a mistake to bypass her husband. Interesting trying to figure out things in life. I will take her some banana bread and meet her new baby and try to befriend her. She is really nice and was sure to tell me that she liked me very much and wanted very much to be friends. Perhaps I was trying to side-step the missionaries - they told me that a friendship with someone is much more likely to lead to the opportunity to share the gospel than when they just "cold call" someone. All's good. The elders are so sweet - one of them so reminds me of ben it's funny! tho' he has dark hair - he has that sweet face and warm fuzzy persona. he had only been out three weeks - and he was on fire! So so excited to be able to share the gospel. I love it! it just makes me smile remembering how on fire he was! the other elder has been out 18 months and is so proficient, yet also sincere and so very calm as he shares his testimony. Love the missionaries. Miss having them around like when all of my kids were little. Remember them coming over so often in Fredericksburg? I think they had trouble teaching those German people there and had too much free time!
this is long enough - i always have so much to say . . . i'll see ya'll next week for thanksgiving. I'm excited.
1 comment:
Hellooooo! Welcome back mamacita!
Post a Comment