If you have not picked up your Ensign this month (sept.) give it a try. I just finished reading the article by Elder Jay E. Jensen, "The Power of Diligent Learning". It is so good. But one point in particular I just wanted to mention. Here is an excerpt from the article:
Elder Richard G. Scott of theQuorum of the Twelve Apostles emphasized the blessings of following this pattern [of teaching and learning] (D&C 50:21-22) by explaining what it means to understand and be edified: "The verb understand refers to that which is heard. It is the same message to all. Edified concerns that which is communicated by the Holy Ghost. The message can be different and tailored by the Spirit to the needs of each individual." I love this new insight I have discovered into the aspect of learning . . . and listening to the Holy Ghost as you do so so that you can be edified. Is not this amazing? That the same message can be individualized for each of us - if we but listen with open ears and heart? Yes, I think that is an incredible opportunity for all of us.
I think the reason this hit me was that I have been called to teach the Mia Maids and that's a tough one. Those girls don't yet know who they are or want to become. They are usually rather quiet and unsure . . . unlike the Laurels or the Beehives. It's like a middle child that can't seem to discover how they want to portray their inner selves. . . . I begin teaching the Sunday after next and I'm excited. I love to teach because I learn so much when I study for the lesson to be presented.
So - as per my talk last week in sacrament about "letting your light shine" . . . I will be letting my shine - dull or not. We'll see. Maybe you'll notice an improvement in my countenance next time ya see me! love to all
4 comments:
That's awesome you will be a great miamaids teacher mom. Hugs-G
That is so awesome mom! I still have never been in young women's! :) You will be so great in there! Look at all the AMAZING daughters you raised! :)
Whoo hoo! Mia Maids, huh? Luck! That will be too fun for you.
p.s. found you on my space. and katy, too.
Post a Comment