
Well, I just got back from Corpus Christi. Aunt Sharon and I went down to prepare an early Thanksgiving Dinner for Papa and his caregiver, Felicia. We stayed three days and had a good visit with him. The picture is of Papa and my older brother, Michael and his daughter, Debi. Uncle Mike takes good care of Papa. He always drives into town to see Aunt Sharon and I and takes us to lunch. He's a good big brother. See, you do have relatives. . . . I thought it was a pretty good picture. Uncle Mike is 69 years old . . . wow. Back to Papa. He sleeps most of the time. His spinal stenosis really causes his pain - in his lower back. The pressure of sitting bothers him. His recliner is uncomfortable and he seldom stays in it long. He has a hospital bed in his bedroom with a T.V. and we usually end up in there visiting. He doesn't really enjoy watching T.V. or even listening to his music anymore. Aunt Sharon and I sing songs to him. You should be a fly on the wall - she and I really bust it out! So he can hear us - and of course, because it's fun to sing! No one there to hear us and laugh out loud. We remember songs we grew up with in the Baptist church. Old gospel hymns. Papa enjoys them. We also sing Mama's songs - like "Put Me In Your Pocket" - "I Told the Whip-o-will" - so fun. Papa woke up one morning and told us that Mama visited him in his dream. She told him to watch Aunt Sharon and I and count the dishes before we left. Hilarious! Also, Papa always tells me "Jeanie, you lost your Mother, you lost your husband, and your daddy has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel!!!" Hasn't lost his sense of humor for sure! I am thinking of moving Papa up to live with me. He is just too lonely. It would be easier for everyone to visit him . . . I just don't know if I can do it. Not too sure about bringing Felicia up here to live too. Well, I'll be there tomorrow. Let's have all the fun possible . . . .
2 comments:
Oh that made me miss papa so much. wish i was coming for thanksgiving! I will be there soon. Be nice to each other, and NO fighting!
Papa is a hoot! One foot on a banana peel...
Post a Comment